What kinda questions do you ask on The Armchair Show then? – that’s probably one of the most common questions we get asked when we extend an invite to the show to someone we think’s doing great work.
There are two main types of production for The Armchair Show:
- Episodes of the Armchair Show – hot topics & engaging advice from the best in the industry.
- Spotlight Sessions – about you, your business, or your best people.
An example of a pretty regular agenda:
9-10am – Guests meet, usually eat, chit chat, get to know each other.
10:00am (20 mins) – Filming & recording for a group session (if relevant), led by our hosts. Easy going, chilled vibe. You can watch, listen or do some co-working if you’re not in the session.
12:00pm (30 mins) – Filming & recording.
13:00pm – Lunch and everyone stuffs their faces with cake (probably).
14:00pm (20 mins) – Filming & recording for individuals or a defined group.
15:00pm – The end (well, sort of) – Co work with your new mates, or do a few more exploratory recording sessions with the production team.
After that, guests mingle and sometimes drink some beer.
The serious kids get themselves settled or a bit of co-working in our fancy working space, or have a meeting or two with their client (we let you bring guests to watch).
An example of the questions we ask:
We ask about you.
Tell us about your Career background?
What do you do now (for the benefit of the listeners)?
– How long have you been doing it?
How important has Education been for you?
– How have you learned along the way?
Who’s the best boss you ever had & why? (You don’t need to name names)
– What did they teach you?
– What characteristics did they have that could others aspire to?
We ask about your business.
What does your business do really well?
How do you usually end up meeting and working with your customers?
What’s in it for them to find you?
What do you do better than anyone else?
How can people find out more about you?
What changes have you seen in your field in the past few years?
What’s your business aiming for in 2020?
We ask about your thoughts on the opportunity within the automotive industry.
What would you say to people thinking about working in the industry?
What kind of people suit the automotive industry?
We ask you questions on your own area of expertise.
Our questions come from our guest topics list found here.
How it works:
- We confirm the guests 1 week before the show.
- We send a follow-up information email to tell you everything you need to know about the show.
- We send you additional talking topics roughly 3-5 days before the show, and there’s usually around 5 of them (so no curve balls, you can chillax).
That’s all folks – see at the show.
Subscribe for magic*
Sign up for resources, articles and some well-good links! *POOF!